Thursday, May 14, 2015

Martial Arts Comedy

How many martial artists does it take to screw in a light-bulb?

Ten!

One to screw it in, and nine to stand around saying, "This is how we do it in my style..."


Martial arts and humor do not really mix. They honestly should, not only because actual fun can be had while practicing martial arts, but because a true joy should accompany one's exploration of their practice. However, because of its serious nature, the essence of honor, and sensitivity of students often humor is neglected in martial arts. This is why most martial art jokes are terrible (See this site: http://www.lvkarate.com/funny_karate.html). I opened with the one above because I heard it long ago, and then literally watched a variation of it happen at a martial arts club I attended at a college.

So, I've decided to write an article on the lighter side of martial arts. And by article, I mean honestly its pretty much a list entry. I will post videos and jokes I have found that I find are actually funny. Hopefully you can take something away that you can use to enrich your practice, and your fellow students and peers.

Some of it is definitely adult humor, though SFW.

As for Tae Kwon Do, yes it can take decades to truly master so it is viable on the streets, but sometimes I wonder if its so easy a monkey could learn it. Oh crap;



Maybe that's why I got my first black belt in it at seven o.O


Just for once I want to see a martial arts master do a form like this;


I know you have all seen this before, but this post would be shite without mentioning it.

Has anyone had a teacher like this?



Ok. Ok. But have you ever had a teacher like this?








 
 
Reminds me of kendo... 
 
 
 
 
 
And the best of self-defense (Thank you Bas Rutten)
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed ^^



No comments:

Post a Comment